Thursday, February 5, 2009

L. Tom Perry

On Sunday this past week, I went to a fireside with L. Tom Perry, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He spoke to all the young single adults in the Las Vegas valley as well as other church leaders the day before. He taught the young single adults how to manage their money, setting goals, and practical relationship do's and don't's. The thing that stood out to me the most is when he was talking about people who enter college not knowing what they're going to study. He said "what a waste". Ouch! He didn't give much more sympathy for those who change their major's several times. All in all it was a good talk and I sure enjoyed listening to our church's leadership and their concerns for the rising generation. On a side note, I couldn't believe how tall Elder Perry is. I went to shake his hand afterwards and he was taller than me and I'm 6'2"! Not bad for an 87 year old man.

No comments:

Post a Comment