Sunday, February 1, 2009

Temple Trip

On Friday, me and some friends from the singles ward got together and went to the Las Vegas temple to do baptisms for the dead. For anyone not familiar with this practice, what we do is we search out our ancestors through genealogical resources and we bring their name to the temple and we baptize living people in behalf of those who are dead, so if they except the gospel after they die, those ordinances have been completed for them. For more information check out http://www.lds.org/. It was a really fulfilling evening. I love the temple and I love the beautiful ordinances that are performed there. The thought of being with our families forever brings me so much joy.
Afterwards, the whole group decided to go to the Olive garden. They were a little over whelmed that a group of 30 or so suddenly showed up. But the waiters did just fine.
Overall it was a great day and I can't think of a better way I could have spent that Friday night.

Doesn't the temple just sparkle in the night?


Here's Leanne and I at the Olive Garden

2 comments: